6/12/09

My International race season begins

I flew out of Australia early Thursday to start my 9 week international race season as part of my build up to the 2009 ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Championships to be conducted in Perth, WA 25th October.

My first race is the 2009 ITU Asian Long Distance Triathlon Championships to be held in Gangweon, South Korea this Sunday. The event consist of a 3km swim/80km Bike/20km run (double “Olympic” distance).

This weekend’s Asian championships is race 2 of the ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Series and I am currently ranked no. 3 in the world following my 3rd placing at the ITU Oceania Championships (Huskisson, NSW) back in February.

A strong result this weekend could see me jump to World No. 1 in ITU World Long Distance Rankings! Fingers crossed!

Following this race I will base myself in Penticton, Canada for 4 weeks of heavy training before doing 3 x Ironman 70.3 races over 4 weeks in USA & Canada.

I will then return back to Australia for my final race preparation for the 2009 ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Championships including the Gold Coast Half Ironman Triathlon in early October.

My- 2009 World Championship Race Schedule
14 June – 2009 ITU Asian Long Distance Triathlon Championships – 3km Swim/80km Bike/20km Run
www.triathlon.or.kr/en/en_info_meeting/daily_view.asp

19 July – Vineman Ironman 70.3 Triathlon (California, USA) – 1.9km swim/90km Bike/21km Run
www.vineman.com

2 August – Ironman Calgary 70.3 (Alberta, Canada) – 1.9km Swim/90km Bike/21km Run
www.ironmancalgary.com

16 August - Ironman Lake Stevens 70.3 (Washington, USA) – 1.9km Swim/90km Bike/21km Run
www.lakestevens703.com

4 October – Gold Coast Half Ironman Triathlon (QLD, AUS) – 1.9km Swim/90km Bike/21km Run
www.usmsport.com/gchim/index.html

25 October – ITU World Long Distance Triathlon Championships (Perth, WA) – 3km Swim/80km Bike/20km Run
www.ldworlds.org.au


Stay tuned for updates on my travels.

Thankyou so much to all of my fantastic sponsors. Without your support I could not be here. Thanks to CBD Cycles & Giant Bicycles, Fairbrother Construction, 2XU, Brooks, GU Energy, The Training Fix, Engine & Total Performance Sport.