7/20/09



I had a great race and finished 6th in 4hr30.10

It was a non wetsuit swim so I opted to wear my 2XU "fast" suit which feels awesome in the water, and despite the slow time (29 minutes) I felt like I was swimming well. I swam along side Gina Kerr for most of the 1.9km swim and despite going slightly off course on the return journey we came out rounding out the top 10 - the leaders Pip Taylor and Joanne Zieger were about 3 minutes up the road. Onto the bike I put the hammer down. It was a course mixed with flat sections and undulating sections. I've been working hard on the bike the last few weeks so I really wanted to have a good ride today. I passed a few girls during the first half of the course and Tyler Stewart came past me around the 2 hour mark of the race so I got off the bike in 6th place having riden the 90km in 2hrs28. I found the run pretty tough, it was hot even at 9.30am and there were a few hills involved, however, I still felt my 1hr30 split was a good run. Linsey Corben came past me shortly before the run turn around and a little while later I went past Zieger who was on the side of the course looking a little worse for wear. I therefore remained in 6th place as I crossed the finish line.

My Homestay in Santa Rosa were absolutely fantastic. A big thanks to Lisa, Mark, Stuart and Nate who looked after Dad and I so well. We had an amazing weekend in a beautiful part of the world!!