10/27/08

Wayne Goldsmith

This weekend the Ulverstone Swim Team conducted a "Swim Camp". Queensland's Wayne Goldsmith lead the camp. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend all the sessions due to other commitments but I did go to the 2 morning swims. It was a very valuable experience. Whilst the sets were not super hard there was enough swimming for a good workout as well as many noteworthy tips. It reminded me about the necessity of "relaxed" training, when I'm relaxed everything seems to flow rather than having to push and push, usually without success. There was also the reminder about mental alertness, training hard so competitions are easy, staying focussed when things get tough and challenging one's self for the love of rising to the occasion. I strive on all of these things and 3 weeks back into training it was a perfect reminder of why I am doing this (for the love of it)  and what I need to do to achieve my goals.